Hollingsworth & Vose (H&V) offers a range of filter media solutions suitable for use in medical operations and products.
What Is the Role of Filtration in the Medical Industry?
Filtration is vital to the medical markets. Liquid microfiltration processes are used in the production of pharmaceuticals, while different types of air and liquid filtration are used in hospitals around the world to promote patient safety during surgeries, dialysis, respiratory treatments, and laboratory research.
Which Current Medical Trends Are Affecting Filtration Solutions?
Trends within the medical market influence how and why filtration processes are used. Some of the current trends affecting filtration are:
- The focus on outcomes. Waterborne illness is a risk for the entire population, but it is especially so for those in a hospital setting with a compromised immune system.
- The increase in public health risk reduction efforts. Legionnaires’ disease arises from bacteria in untreated water. It has been a major public health concern.
- The development of parenteral therapeutics. The rise of monoclonal antibody (mAb) therapeutics delivered via parenteral methods will continue to improve patient outcomes.
- The rise in understanding that filtration enables treatment. While hospitals may be relatively standard users of water filtration materials, the therapeutics and medical devices they use depend on the best porous materials in the world. The medical and healthcare industries aim to bring the best treatments to the patient, which are possible with the best products with the best filtration technologies. (LINK TO BIOPHARMA)
- The increasing awareness of the role aerosols can play in the transmission of viruses. The broader medical community is showing a preference for using medical respirators over surgical-style facemasks. N95 or FFP2 type respirators provide better protection against airborne viruses than loose-fitting, low-efficiency facemasks.
- The demand for better air quality and patient outcomes. H&V air filtration products drive better indoor air quality (IAQ), which leads to better patient outcomes.
Why Choose H&V’s Medical Filter Media Solutions?
H&V is a premier source of advanced filtration solutions.
The liquid filtration products we offer for medical applications include:
- Trupor®. Trupor is our sub-micron family of products. It is available in several traditional microfiltration grades (0.65 micron, 0.45 micron, and 0.20 micron) and industry-standard polymers. It can be used as part of point-of-use or point-of-entry systems for hospital water.
- Wetlaid glass. Our wetlaid glass products are available in grades ranging from 10 micron to 0.20 micron. They are utilized in various healthcare and medical processes.
- Wetlaid cellulose and meltblown. Cellulose products are available in grades from 50 micron down to 1 micron. Our meltblown products are available for liquid filtration in polypropylene (PP), polyester (PBT), and nylon and grades from 30 micron down to 0.80 micron. They are used in the production and administration of dialysis and parenteral treatments.
The air filtration products we offer for medical applications include:
- Technostat®. Technostat and AlphaPerm are the leading electret filter media for critical applications, such as respirators, medical ventilators, spirometry, CPAP, and surgical hoods. These electret technologies are also widely used to improve indoor air quality (IAQ) in HVAC and room air purifier applications.
- AlphaPerm®, Nanoweb®, and PerForm™. Our Nanoweb and PerForm product families are used in HVAC systems requiring up to HEPA and ULPA levels of air filtration efficiency in hospitals, medical equipment, air purifiers, and pharmaceutical production to provide clean air that is free of pathogens and contaminants.
- NanoWave® extended surface area media. NanoWave filter media improves air quality by enabling higher levels of filtration without reducing HVAC system airflow. Upgrade your IAQ using your existing HVAC system today!
At Hollingsworth & Vose, we provide innovative filtration solutions to the medical world and beyond. To learn more about our leading filtration technologies, contact us today.
就 Technostat 和 Technosat Plus 的卓越过滤效率、容尘量、低气阻和有效使用期等方面而言，重症监护领域尚无可与之匹敌的竞争产品。其他过滤材料亦无法在相同的表面积下如此高效的清除患者设备通风道中的细菌。我们的 Technostat 和 Technostat Plus 滤材可在相同效率等级下提供更低的压降，同时确保使用的便利性和舒适性，因此是以下应用的理想选择：
- CPAP 等呼吸设备，用于治疗睡眠性呼吸暂停综合症和肺部发育不全的早产婴儿
- 适用于重症监护、呼吸监护和麻醉应用的过滤器/热湿交换 (HME) 过滤器