Meltblown Filter Media
At Hollingsworth & Vose (H&V), we are a premier supplier of advanced materials for high-efficiency filtration applications. One of our core product offerings is meltblown filter media.
What Is Meltblown Filter Media?
A highly effective method of producing fine and efficient filter media is using meltblown technology. Meltblown fibers can have diameters under 10 µm, which is 1/12 the size of a human hair and 1/5 the size of a cellulose fiber.
The process of making meltblown filter media begins with raw synthetic thermoplastic material, such as polybutylterephtelate (PBT), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), or polypropylene (PP). The material is melted and forced through an extruder with numerous tiny nozzles. As the individual extrusions exit the nozzles in a semi-melted state, hot air blows them in the same direction. This extends them, resulting in the creation of very fine, continuous fibers. The fibers can then be mechanically, thermally, or chemically bound together to create a web-like fabric, which can exhibit a number of beneficial properties, including, but not limited to:
- Bacterial resistance
- Flame retardance
- Liquid repellency
These properties make meltblown fabrics suitable for a wide range of applications. Some of the industries that utilize them include roofing, automotive, agricultural, carpeting, personal hygiene, construction, medical, and upholstery. They can also be combined with other materials to create composites that offer enhanced filtration performance for particular use cases.
Uses of Meltblown Filters
Looking for filter media you can trust in your high-efficiency filtration applications? Hollingsworth & Vose is here to help! We offer a diverse range of meltblown and synthetic composite filter media to suit different industry applications. Typical uses for our products include:
- Cabin air combi-filter and pollen filter media
- Fuel and oil filtration media
- Heavy-duty and passenger car LSI engine air and lube filtration media
- Hydraulic filtration media
- Industrial respirators and surgical masks
- Room air and vacuum cleaner media
- V-bank filter HVAC bag and pleatable media
Why Choose H&V Meltblown Filters?
H&V is a global manufacturer of advanced materials for filtration applications. By choosing us for your meltblown filter needs, you benefit from our:
- Extensive experience. We’ve been a market leader in innovative meltblown and composite filtration media since the early 1990s. By using meltblown material as a performance layer alongside our proprietary technologies, we’ve produced highly differentiated products, many of which have set industry standards for new concepts and superior performance. Examples include NanoWave, Trupor, cellulose fuel, pleatable synthetics, and Technostat FPR.
- Superior products. We offer a diverse range of filtration products, some of which were developed to target specific applications. Our products have been optimized for performance, including with regard to particulate penetration, durability, service life, and/or cost-efficiency.
- Commitment to innovation. We maintain state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and industry-leading R&D facilities, which enable us to continually and quickly upgrade our product lines to meet changing market demands.
- Global presence. We have R&D and manufacturing facilities in the Americas, Europe, China, and India and sales representatives across the world, enabling us to provide customers with quality products and services wherever they are.
- Customer-focused response. We collaborate with our major customers to create new product solutions that support them and the overall industry.
- High standards. We are committed to setting new industry standards with our high-performance products.
To learn more about our meltblown filters or other filtration products and what they can do for you, contact us today. One of our representatives will reach out to discuss your needs and help you find the right solution.